Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yesterday's Lunch

Next week Jake and I are doing a 7-day detox. Not the kind where you only drink lemon juice and take a million supplements. We are simply cutting out the following things from our diet: meat, dairy, sodium, caffeine, alchohol, gluten, wheat, and white sugar. Basically, we'll be eating a ton of fruits and vegetables and chugging down lots of water and green tea. Sounds refreshing, huh?


I thought I would practice for the detox by making a lunch that didn't contain any of the banned foods. I ended up with this: a bed of mixed greens topped with sliced avocado, tomatoes, pinto beans, cilantro, onions, and dressed with lime juice and Mrs. Dash's Extra Spicy seasoning (sodium free). It was so good and provided me with plenty of energy for my afternoon workout.


Look for posts on our 7 day detox starting next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment