Monday, March 9, 2009

Filling (and really darn good) Pasta

A few weeks ago I whipped up a lunch with some random things I had in the refrigerator and pantry and I came up with a tasty little pasta dish that had kale, chickpeas, olive oil, and garlic in it. Tonight, I recreated the dish but added a spicy/zesty red sauce to it. One word: AWESOME!

That bowl of goodness you see above contains:
Whole Wheat Penne
Chickpeas
Kale
Crushed Red Tomatoes w/ olive oil, crushed red pepper, crushed garlic, salt and pepper
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Boil penne noodles.
-Sautee kale and chickpeas in olive oil with garlic and salt.
-Combine crushed tomatoes with olive oil, red pepper, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat.
-Toss everything together with the pasta and grate fresh parmesan cheese on top.
Beware: This is a very filling meal!

2 comments:

  1. Jennrs--thought of you yesterday--Rachael Ray made a lentil kale soup on her daytime show yesterday--hers had sausage in it but i bet you could leave it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I have all these ingredients at home right now (except kale, do you think I could sub brocoli?)...I'm making this later. I just love it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete