Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chicken and Chips

I'm not going to write much about tonight's dinner. It was good. It was basic. It was healthy. Here's the inspiration for it. I do want to add that I absolutely adore roasted red peppers. YUMMY.
I am going to go on and on and on and on and on and on...about kale chips! OMFG, these were just as good as everybody has raved about. They took a total of 2 minutes prep and 15 minutes baking. Jake, who is a big junk food fan, said these were just as good as potato chips and was sad when we had eaten them all up.

I got the recipe from Katheats.com. I was really generous with the paremsan because I love parmesan. Only thing about these delicious little snacks is that you have to eat them immediately after baking because they get soggy if stored overnight. If you have any ideas on how to keep them crispy, let me know.

Kale Chips:
1 bunch of of kale
2 tablespoons olive oil
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to about 375 degrees
Tear the leaves off the thick stems into bite size pieces. Spread out on cookie sheets.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and salt and peper.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until edges are brown and kale is crispy when moved in pan.



4 comments:

  1. Guess who bought her first bunch of kale today!!!! ME! I'm so excited to try the kale chips recipe! I decided I needed a kick in the pants to start cookin' so I bought lentils and kale for this weekend! I can't wait! Thanks for the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY RACHEL!!! You're gonna love it. See, I'm slowly converting everybody to be a kale lover. ;-)I highly suggest this recipe if you have kale and lentils, http://cookingintheheartland.blogspot.com/2009/01/lentil-soup-and-mushroom-onion-and.html. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roasted red peppers = BEST pizza topping EVER

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the kale chips today... yuuuummm

    ReplyDelete