Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Supper and a Few Other Notes

I had a very active weekend and I'm preparing for a very busy week. In prepartion for the week I prepared one of Jake and I's favorite comfort foods, French Onion Soup. I slow cooked it so our house smelled of delicious carmelized onions for most of the afternoon. Today I added a bit of bbq sauce, brown sugar, and a tablespoon of flour to thicken it up a bit. I was pleased with the results. Instead of swiss cheese I topped it off with freshly shaven parmesan.


On Thursday night Jake and I made a really good stir-fry and I couldn't resist adding a pic of the delectable bowl. We used the vegetables I chopped last Sunday.It made cooking so easy when things were already chopped.

On Saturday I took a group of Club kids to the Des Moines Playhouse to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It was hands down the best theatre experience of my life. No joke. It was truly magical to see Willy Wonka come to life like that! I really do LOVE my job.

These kiddos and I go to all of the Children's Theatre performances during the year. Plus, we get to eat lunch with all the actors before the performance. How cool is that?!
I start classes back up tomorrow and I'm a bit anxious about it. The syllabus for the course I'm taking is 14 pages long!! That's right, 14 pages! I'm going to do Moon Salutations Yoga tonite in order to get rid of some of that anxiety.

Big day at the Club tomorrow. It's MLK DAY!!! and we have all sorts of fun stuff planned. I'll post some pics from the festivities. :-) With that, remember to get out and do something tomorrow. Keep the spirit of MLK alive.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the MLK day reminder, I work so I tend to forget.

    Soup looks yum!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete