Saturday, January 10, 2009

I <3 Kale

"The beautiful leaves of the kale plant provide an earthy flavor and more nutritional value for fewer calories than almost any other food around."
"Although there are over 100 different glucosinolates in plants, only 10-15 are present in kale and other Brassicas. Yet these 10-15 glucosinolates appear able to lessen the occurrence of a wide variety of cancers, including breast and ovarian cancers. "
SOURCE -- check out all of the benefits of Kale here.
I threw in a cup of kale leaves to my leftover spicy Thai noodles and tofu. The earthy taste of the kale blended well with the Thai spices.

FIND SOME DELICIOUS KALE RECIPES TO COOK UP IN YOUR KITCHEN:

Heidi at 101cookbooks.com has some amazing recipes for kale that can be found here.

This is also a great link to kale recipes.

Eat your kale, people! It does your body good!

5 comments:

  1. mmmm, that looks great! we made kale, red potato and onion soup this week for dinner, and I was very impressed with the taste, I never thought much about eating it - I've always worked in restaurants where we used kale as simply a decoration to fill plates - but it actually tastes quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, is that recipe on your blog? That sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! I must try to incorporate more Kale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try kale chips--apparently they are really good, so says all of the reviews on them. Plus, they sound really easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't blog it but here is the reciepe - actually, our local grocery store sells the pre-packaged soup mix, but its quite simple, just a small white onion, I would say probably at least 4-5 cups of kale, and 3-4 small red potatoes chopped into bite size pieces. Just saute the three veggies over some EVOO for 3 minutes, pour in two cans of chicken broth (I used low sodium) and bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. I need to get better about blogging some of my recipes - that was a good one!

    ReplyDelete