Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lunch with Little

Jake and I are planning on doing our grocery shopping this evening so we didn't have much left in the refrigerator or pantry to cook up a lunch. Luckily, I always keep several bags of frzoen veggies in my freezer; I found a bag of stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, red pepper, carrots, onions, and mushrooms) and decided that was going to be the base of today's lunch. I also had a jar of Patak's Korma Curry (this is not a healthy sauce, so don't pile on too much) and some lentils. PERFECT! Lunch was stir-fry veggies with korma curry served over lentils. Delicious and healthy!


I boiled 1 1/2 cups of lentils for 20 minutes. In the meantime I sauteed the veggies and added the Korma Curry. I added the yummy veggie mixture over the lentils.



This meal is really healthy and provides quite a few SUPERfoods: Lentils, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, red peppers, and onions.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be using your recipes a lot in a couple of weeks... hubster gets a 2-month break from work and we are determined to improve eating habits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've got all kinds of good stuff too! 2 months! WOW! Lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete